Questions about your toll notice?
1. How can I pay for a trip on the M5 South-West Motorway if I don't have an electronic tag or pass?
Click here now to check or pay for any outstanding trips using the vehicle's licence plate details or the toll notice number.
2. Can I pay a toll notice online?
Yes, click here to search for outstanding trips using the vehicle's licence plate details or the toll notice number. Alternatively, refer to the toll notice for full payment instructions.
3. I used the M5 South West-Motorway but cannot see the trip on your website.
We recommend you register to receive an email when the trip is available to pay. To register, fill in the form after entering your vehicle details on the 'Pay a toll' page. Otherwise, you can try again in 72 hours or call us on 1300 555 833.
4. I was in a hire car, how can I pay the toll?
You may be charged the toll and if applicable, an administration fee via the hire car company if they had a tag in the vehicle or the number plate is linked to their account. Contact the hire car company to confirm their arrangements. Alternatively, you may receive a toll notice to which payment will need to be made.
5. Can I pay the toll notice via Bpay?
Yes. NOTE: Each toll notice has a unique reference number and cannot be used more than once. Exactly follow the payment instructions at the bottom of the toll notice.
6. I have multiple toll notices, how can I pay?
If you have more than one M5 South-West Motorway toll notice you can pay them all at once here. If you have toll notices from more than one toll road, contact each toll road to organise payment.
1. Why have I received a toll notice?
The vehicle may have been registered in your name or you have been nominated by the registered owner (the nominee) as the driver taking a trip on the M5 South-West Motorway without paying the toll.
2. How can I tell if I have been nominated for this trip?
The toll notice will specify the following words ‘You have been nominated by the registered operator as being the driver of the above vehicle when it was recorded using the M5 South-West Motorway without paying the toll as required by law’.
3. I have been nominated on a toll notice, what does this mean?
You have been identified as the driver of the vehicle (specified on the toll notice) by the registered owner (the nominee) of the vehicle and have taken a trip on the M5 South-West Motorway for which payment of the toll is required. Check your diary or think about what you did on that date - did you borrow or hire a vehicle?
4. I have questions or concerns about the trip I have been nominated for, who do I contact?
Contact the owner of the vehicle (the nominee) should you have any concerns about your trip.
5. I have been nominated for this trip, but I do not know this registration or the owner, what should I do?
If the vehicle is unknown to you a formal investigation is required. Please provide your contact details, the toll notice number, vehicle registration number and the name and address as it appears on the notice. Click the link below to complete a toll notice nomination dispute form.
6. How can I dispute the nomination for the toll notice?
If you have been nominated for the trip, please contact the registered owner of the vehicle to resolve your concerns.
7. How can I get a photo of the number plates?
To allow us to issue the court photographs of the vehicle and the trips in question you will need to provide us with copies of the registration papers of the vehicle on the toll notice and the driver’s licence of the person the toll notice is addressed to. Submit a photo request form by clicking the link below.
8. I have a toll notice but had an electronic pass, what should I do?
It is possible your pass did not register the trip and payment is still required. Please call 1300 555 833 with your pass reference number, toll notice number, date, time and direction of travel.
9. I have a toll notice, but have a tag account, how can I pay?
You can make your payment online now or follow the instructions as explained on the toll notice. To avoid future toll notices contact your tag provider to ensure your number plate is on your account, tag is not faulty, and you have adequate funds to cover the cost of all trips.
10. I have received a toll notice, do I have to pay the administration fee?
Yes. However, you can avoid future motorway administration fees by getting a tag or pass. E-way is the preferred tag provider of the M5 South-West Motorway and can be used on all motorways Australia wide. Click here to find an E-way tolling solution that suits you best.
11. I have received a toll notice (for which I have NOT been nominated) and I do not know the vehicle, what can I do?
We can investigate this further for you. Please click on the link below to complete a Toll notice ownership dispute form.
1. What happens if I don't pay my toll notice?
If you don't pay the toll notice you may receive a penalty notice from the NSW State Debt Recovery Office. The fine may exceed $165.00 for each offence.
1. My vehicle or licence plates have been stolen and I have received a toll notice, what should I do?
Click the link below to complete a notice of stolen vehicle or licence plates. The following details are mandatory to lodge your form. Toll notice number, vehicle registration number, Police Event Number, which police station it was reported to, the date of the report, the date the vehicle was stolen, the name and address as it appears on the toll notice and your contact details. Please allow up to 20 business days to receive confirmation on the outcome of your notice.
2. I have a toll notice, but I have sold this vehicle.
If you no longer own this vehicle, you will need to complete and return a Roads and Maritime Services statutory declaration. We also recommend that you contact the Roads and Maritime Services to check you have successfully completed the transfer of ownership.
3. I am the registered owner of the vehicle, but was not the driver, what should I do?
You will need to nominate the driver using a Roads and Maritime Services statutory declaration.
1. What information do I need for a statutory declaration?
a. Toll notice number(s);
b. Motor vehicle registration number and state of registration;
c. Details of person or company mentioned on toll notice;
d. Nominating company or person responsible for the vehicle
e. Nominating company or person address details;
f. Signature of person making declaration;
g. Name and title of Witness
h. Signature of Witness
i. Enclose a copy of the original Toll Notice.
2. Who can witness my statutory declaration?
Your statutory declaration needs to be witnessed by either a justice of the peace or a legal practitioner.
1. I have received a toll notice for a trip I have already paid for. What should I do?
If the toll notice number is different, this is for another trip and payment is required. If the toll notice number is identical to the original toll notice number please click the link below to complete a toll notice payment investigation request.
2. I have duplicated payment of a toll notice, how can I arrange a refund?
Please complete a toll notice payment investigation request.
3. I have accidently paid the wrong toll(s), can I arrange a refund?
You can request the funds to be transferred to other outstanding trips by completing a toll notice payment transfer request.
4. Why do I have a toll notice for a trip that has also been charged to my toll account?
It is possible that more than one vehicle registered in your name was using the motorway at the same time. One vehicle had a tag and the trip was charged to your toll account, while the other has not yet had the licence plate details linked to your account, so a toll notice was issued. You can avoid future toll notices by contacting your tag provider to organise a tag for each of your vehicles or link the number plate details to your toll account.
5. I have paid the toll notice via Bpay, why have I received another toll notice?
- Check that you have used the correct reference number as stated on the toll notice as they are unique to each individual toll notice and cannot be used more than once
- Contact your financial institution to check whether there was a delay in funds reaching the destination
- To query the payment with us, click the link below to complete a toll notice payment investigation request.